We are situated overlooking idyllic countryside, just two miles from the centre of historic St Albans and within easy reach of the M1, M25, A414 and the A1(M) and half a mile down Hixberry Lane from the Alban Way. We have a large car park at the rear of the premises.
Built in the 18th century, the Plough is decorated in a warm and inviting traditional style. It features an astounding collection of 1500 real ale bottles (complete with their contents) including commemorative beers such as “CAMRA’s 10thAnniversary Ale”, “The Queens Silver Jubilee Ales” and “The Royal Wedding 1981 Ales”- come and see for yourself!
Donal Corcoran and his family took over the Plough in May 2008 and along with Ray and our lovely staff, we have made the Plough a relaxed, family-friendly and hospitable place to visit.
Bar games including crib, backgammon, draughts and dominoes, and daily newspapers are available to all.